Throughout the month of July, Cucamonga Valley Medical Group put the spotlight on helping parents and guardians prepare for another school year.
The academic calendar is about to turn another page and a new school year soon will begin. A reminder that CVMG is here to help.
If your child plays sports, we can schedule a sports physical to have them ready for another season.
CVMG will make sure your child’s immunizations are up to date. We can provide allergy tests and vision screenings.
This month we’ve also shared “healthy hacks” through our social media, such as the importance of washing your hands, how to plan for emergencies in school, and creating a sleep schedule to make sure your child has ample rest.
Call CVMG at 909 429-2864 to schedule an appointment!
And, here are a few more helpful tips provided by the California State PTA on their website
- Set up daily routines, including healthy eating and sleeping habits.
- Provide a place and time for homework, and check on homework assignments and projects.
- Show your support and interest by talking about school activities each day.
- Promote literacy by reading to your child and by reading yourself.
- Limit all types of screen time: TV, gaming and computers.
- Express high expectations, standards and encouragement for your child’s learning.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences, open houses and back-to-school events.
- Participate in decisions affecting your child’s education.
- Take advantage of your community’s many free or low-cost activities and resources, such as libraries, museums, theaters and zoos.
- Participate in after-school clubs, sports and art activities.
- Join the PTA.